Be a part of history! Volunteer for the 60th Anniversary Show!
Our volunteers play a huge and vital role in the success of the Art Show. You are the #1 Hosts as well as the eyes and ears of the Art Show. Our primary goal is to create an all around positive experience for our artists and art patrons. If you like Smiling, we want you to volunteer!
- A Section Captain is a trailblazer
- A Section Captain works well in teams
- A Section Captain leads by example
- Oversees 2 Artist’s Friends in their designated section. There are a total of 8 different sections in the St. James Court Section of the art show
- Each section has approximately 30-40 artists to accommodate
- An Artist’s Friend is HOSPITABLE
- An Artist’s Friend is a Booth Sitter, providing artists essential break time
- An Artist’s Friend is a Program Distributor
- An Artist’s Friend is a Snack Distributor
- If retail is your thing-this is the place for you!
- Inform art show patrons of what items are recyclable
- Pick up any trash off of the ground and dispose of it in the proper receptacle
- If any recycling bin is full, take the bag to a dumpster and replace it
- Educate the patrons on what can and can not be placed in the recycling bins
- Take empty trash from guests to dispose of it properly
- Check in VIP Tent Guests
- Attend to the Food & Beverage tables
- Be welcoming and friendly and enjoy engaging in conversation
- Help keep the VIP Tent clean and inviting
Physical Requirements of ALL Positions: A welcoming smile and the ability to be “on the move” for the entire shift! (Breaks will be provided)
Art Show Hours
- Thursday, September 29th : (set-up only) 9am-6pm
- Friday, September 30th : 10am-6pm
- Saturday, October 1st : 10am-6pm
- Sunday,October 2nd : 10am-5pm
We depend on your commitment to participate. Your presence and prompt arrival for your scheduled shifts are absolutely necessary.
Every volunteer coming from outside Old Louisville will receive a free parking pass. The parking pass, lot information, directions, and Job Description will be mailed to you prior to the show.
Volunteers will receive one free t-shirt to wear during the art show. You will receive your t-shirt when you check-in at the Welcome/ Volunteer Tent at the Show Office on Magnolia Ave and 6th Street entrance. Please be sure to include your shirt size on the Volunteer Application Form.
No previous experience or special training is necessary to volunteer. Bring your smiling face and positive attitude, wear appropriate attire, we are an outdoor art show in October! Be prepared to meet thousands of new friends! Develop relationships with the amazing artists of St. James. Must be 18 years or older to volunteer.
All volunteers shifts are at least 4 hours of talking and walking!
The St. James Court Art Show will be held rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for weather conditions and remember to wear sunscreen!