Volunteer sign up for 2018 is OPEN.
Our volunteers play a vital role in the success of the Art Show. You are the #1 Hosts as well as the eyes and ears of the Art Show. Our primary goal is to create an all around positive experience for our artists and art patrons. If you like Smiling, we want you to volunteer!
Still not sure? Here’s a sample of what our Volunteers have to say:
Volunteering at the St. James Court Art Show (2017 will be my 12th year volunteering) is something I look forward to every fall because I meet new people from many different places and reconnect with people I only see once a year. As a volunteer, I help the artists by handing out snacks, giving bathroom breaks, making food runs, giving directions and making their stay in Louisville positive. Most importantly, you get a back stage pass to the St. James Court Art Show and a cool new T-Shirt. ~ Kristen St. James
My love of art led me to volunteer at the St. James Art Show. I particularly enjoy meeting all of the amazing artists because they are so passionate about their art that it ignites my creativity! The patrons of the fair come back each year to see their favorite artist and their latest creations. As a volunteer, you are the “face” on the street and will help with directions, answer questions, and booth sit. I live almost 2 hours away but I still volunteer because I enjoy it so much. ~ Lawana Taylor Nauman
Over the past 4-5 years as the Section 6 Saint James Court Art Show block captain I’ve solidified my friendship from previous years with the regular artists in my section and the new artists. I enjoy helping the artists solve any problem that may arise so that their St. James experience is the best it can be. I also enjoy spending my time helping with events leading up to the art show with seeing local talented artists by displaying their work in the Saint James Court Art Show Student Scholarship exhibit. ~ Ryan Marquart
To volunteer and have a backstage pass to the St. James Court Art Show
For general information about the show, please contact us.
- A Section Captain is a team leader
- The Section Captain oversees two Artist’s Friends in a designated section. There are a total of 8 different sections in the St. James Court Section of the art show.
- Each section has approximately 30–40 artists to accommodate
- An Artist’s Friend is HOSPITABLE
- An Artist’s Friend is a Booth Sitter, providing artists essential break time
- An Artist’s Friend is a Program Distributor
- An Artist’s Friend is a Snack Distributor
- ALL THE ABOVE
- If retail is your thing–this is the place for you!
- Check in Hospitality Tent Guests. This is a ticketed area.
- Attend to the Food & Beverage tables.
- Be welcoming and friendly and enjoy engaging in conversation.
- Help keep the Hospitality Tent clean and inviting.
Physical Requirements of ALL Positions
A welcoming smile and the ability to be “on the move” for the entire shift! (Most volunteer shifts are 4 hours. Breaks provided. NO SMOKING.)
Art Show Hours
- Thursday, Oct. 4th: (set–up only) 9 a.m.–6 p.m. (2 hour shifts)
- Friday, Oct. 5th: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 6th: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 7th: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
We depend on your commitment to participate. Your presence and prompt arrival for your scheduled shifts are absolutely necessary.
Volunteers will receive one free t-shirt to wear during the art show. You will receive your t-shirt when you check-in at the Volunteer Check In at the Show Office on Magnolia Ave and 6th Street entrance. Please be sure to include your shirt size on the Volunteer Application Form.
No previous experience or special training is necessary to volunteer. Bring your smiling face and positive attitude, and wear appropriate attire, we are an outdoor art show in October! Be prepared to meet thousands of new friends! Develop relationships with the amazing artists of the St. James Court Art Show. Must be 18 years or older to volunteer.
All volunteers shifts are at least 4 hours of talking and walking!
The St. James Court Art Show will be held rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for weather conditions and remember to wear sunscreen!